For backup files that exceed 100 Mb in size, you will not be able to use the Protel GUI to upload and restore the backup if it was created on another PBX. The constraints of HTTP don't allow for an upload that size. You will need to use an FTP program to upload the backup file to the PBX home directory, execute a command in the CLI to make it available in the web UI, then proceed with the restore.
1. If you do not have an FTP application on your computer, you will need to install one. For Windows, WINSCP is a free FTP utility.
2. Use the FTP client to log into the PBX that you want to install the backup onto, using the pbxadmin user name and password (see section 1 above).
3. Drag the .nexmatrix backup file from your computer file listing on the left to the pbxadmin home directory on the right and wait for the upload to complete.
4. Log into the CLI as pbxadmin, either via SSH (Putty on Windows), or with a direct monitor/keyboard connection to the PBX.
Type sudo installNexMatrixBackup
backupfilename.nexmatrix (or .nmx). Note the
space character after sudo, the space character after Backup, and the upper case letters. You will need to use the actual exact file name of the backup. You may want to copy and paste this from the
FTP listing to ensure it is correct. If
you are using Putty, right click to paste text from your clipboard into the
CLI. Press enter. If you see the normal prompt header (i.e. pbxadmin@Protel-LTS-JBCA:~$),
and no other messages, the file has been installed and is now available to
restore from the UI.
6. In the PBX web UI, use the “Restore from Backup” command and select the file you just uploaded from the available backups listing.
NOTE: when you restore a backup from one Protel to another, the web UI pbxadmin password transfers from the original PBX. This does NOT change the CLI pbxadmin password. If you want the CLI password to match the replacement UI password, you will need to change it manually using the Change OS Login Password link, located under the Admin Tools tab.
The restore command does not change network settings. You will need to change those manually, either through the web UI or the CLI, before the PBX will be functional for an existing deployment.
You are required to contact nexMatrix support whenever you restore a backup file between two different PBX servers so that we can update our licensing records.